I caught a few minutes of Letterman last night. You know...the part where he had John McCain in the hot seat.
I must admit that, while I am very interested and have been pretty excited about the presidential campaign this time around, this presidential campaign is just dragging on way too long. I think there need to be a few changes in the presidential campaigning policies because...let's just admit...the way things are right now, we never really learn anything about a candidate and we have little to no chance to figure out what kind of president they are going to be.
So...here are a few recommended changes:
1. The campaigns should only be allowed to raise and spend $200,000. With that money they should grab a URL and have a good website....one that informs a potential voter as to the views of the candidate on the ISSUES. With the rest of the money, the candidates should be allowed to make ONE visit to each of the 50 states to ask voters in that state to vote for them.
2. There should be ONE presidential debate. The Arbiter of these debates must be able to prove that they can arbitrate without bias. We really dont' need more than one of these...do we? Do you learn anything new from watching them?
3. Katie Couric, anybody from NBC and other media personalities who cannot put their own interests aside when they interview a candidate will not be allowed to interview candidates. :) I actually think this is best left to those late night talk show hosts. Somehow they seem to be able to get the candidates to discuss as issue or two. (I must say here how amazed I have been at Charles Gibson and George Stephanopolous this year - well done boys!)
4. No more commercials!!! Why? Because the commercials are only about lobbing a huge bag of steer manure at the other candidate these days. Take it from somebody who just had 7 bags of manure spread over the backyard lawn...that stuff just stinks...and brings out the flies...and stinks. I don't need anymore of that stuff to make up my mind about a candidate.
5. If you want to run for president...you can't even breathe a word about it until May of the year of the presidential election. Again...this year's campaign has just been WAY. TOO. LONG!
How are you feeling about the presidential election? Discuss...