Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Confessions of a Worry Wart

There are a lot of things I am good at.  But there is one thing I have perfected.  That is ... worrying.  Yes, I am a worrier.  I worry about everything.  I don't know if this is genetic or just reflects a lack of faith in my life.  I do try not to worry, but it just happens!!!

I watched a documentary a couple of weeks ago about how stress ruins your health, shortens your life expectancy and so on and on...So I thought, I would try to de-stress and stop worrying.  It hasn't been working.  Right now, in fact, I feel sick to my stomach because I am worrying.  What am I worrying about...sorry, I'm not going to tell you.  These are my worries and if I tell you about them, then I will just worry that I told you about something I shouldn't have been talking about and it will be worse.  But the combination of many factors is increasing my worry level to great heights.

Why am I telling you all of this?  Because I want you to know that if you have left me a voice message that I haven't returned, you need to email me.  Right now the phone stresses me out.  Also, if you come to my house you will see it is out of control right now.  I am working on this, but the harder I work on it the worse it seems to become.  Weird, hu?  Also...if you see me, please don't tell me that I look tired, or worried or whatever ... I know.

Now...I am going to take a deep, cleansing breath, read my scriptures for a few minutes and then I will get to work....

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Someone once told me, "Worry is the rent you pay on a debt that is not yours." Yeah, I'm not sure if it really helped me either, but it's stuck with me all these years. :)

Camille said...

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries! I tend to be a little prone to anxiety myself sometimes, and I'm sorry to say I don't have any good advice for you except that I think it's natural to worry. The worst is when I wake up at night, and can't turn off all the nagging worries that swim through my mind. Hopefully it will get better for you, and life will slow down a bit so you can catch up on all the things you're worrying about. If not, call me and I'd love to help you out, or just go to lunch to give you a break from the worries!

raybee... said...

My Mom asked me tonight if the family knew what time to come to a party for family pictures before the party. I almost had a nervous breakdown right there because it stressed me out so much - it was the last straw in a day full of worrying. Then, I remembered to breathe and calmed down (a bit). I talk to myself...sometimes to solve issues and other times, the best I can do is just to remind myself to breathe. Anywho - you're not alone!