Kyleen tagged me (but her blog is private, so I don't think linking her would do anybody any good - but you can all just know she is a way awesome woman with talent oozing from every pore of her body) and since I couldn't think of anything in particular to blog about today...if you are reading, you will learn 7 things about me...
First...here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. When I first met my husband I had intended to line him up with my little sister. She plays the piano and he is (as you might know from my last post) a violinist and they were closer in age than we (my husband and I) are. Fortunately for me...before they even met, she was dating that man who is now her husband so the 'line up' never occurred. This may give you some insight into some of the complexities of "our story" (which I promise to blog about some day).
2. I was a competitive swimmer when I was young. I was one of the best backstrokers in the state of Utah when I was 10. People told me that I should go to Mission Viejo, CA to start training for the Olympics...it's a good thing I didn't because I developed shoulder problems which effectively ended my swimming career less than 5 years later.
3. I have a 'thing' about being on time (see this post for more on that topic). I get nervous and shaky if I'm late to something (unfortunate because when you have kids, you are going to inevitably late at times) yet...I hate to be the first one to arrive at large meetings. For example, our ward Enrichment meeting is tonight...while I will be ready to go and be totally on time, I will probably try to be a couple of minutes late so that when I walk in there is a chance that somebody I know will already be there.
4. I don't love shopping. I like to know what I want to buy - go into the store - find it- buy it. I don't really enjoy browsing...even though you just have to do this sometimes. I know, I know...'how can you be a woman and not love to shop'...I don't know, but I am and I don't.
5. I love, love, love art, but am not very artistic...how sad is that? When I say art, I mean much more than just paintings (although I definitely mean that too!) - I mean painting, sculpture, architecture, music, literature, photography, etc., etc. I'm not even crafty. Well...at least I'm an audience and admirer.
6. I really want to go back to school and get my Masters. "What" you say..."aren't you sick of school yet?" I guess not...I really want to do this, but this is not the right time.
7. My kids don't think I'm ticklish, but that's only because I have great control. :)
Phew...that was tough...now for those I tag...
I'm thinking there are probably about 7 people who read my blog...so if you are reading it...TAG, you're it! Sorry to break the rules here by not saying names and linking and commenting on your blogs to let you know you are tagged. But, here's the thing...some of you have too much going on to do this and some of you might not like this type of thing and some of you might really like to do this, but I didn't think to put your name on the list...so this is my way of making everybody happy. (But...do let me know if you do it...so I can check out what you say)
So...there you have it people...the Randomness of Me.