Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Following the Leader

Thank you to all of the lovely Blogger bloggers who have added the nifty "Followers" thingy-ma-do-dee to your side bars!

Why do I love this?

Because now when I visit a blog I like (oh, yeah Baby...yours could be next)...I only have to click on "Follow this Blog" (usually found, handily enough on the side bar & preferably close to the top so I don't have to scroll down to find it)and it's added to my Google Reader (in the Blogs I'm Following folder - I can also access them from my dashboard, but the reader is the easiest for me). Two little mouse clicks and - BINGO...it's on my reader...and I get to keep reading them. No more annoying highlighting, right-clicking, logging on to the reader, clicking on Add Subscription, right-clicking again and pasting in order to enjoy the latest, greatest, Blogtastic Blog. Who has time for such laborious stuff?

Plus...I get to see my cute little lemon blossom profile picture on those blogs and it just makes my heart happy.

And...I get to feel cool because I'm following somebody's blog - even though I usually hate to be labeled as a "follower" because really who wants to be knows simply as a "follower"?

And...It makes me ultra happy to see who is "following" me. Does it make me feel nervous to have people following my every blogging move...only if they are real-life stalkers.

Yes...I like Following...it works for me.

And yes, my friends, that's my latest addition to Works for Me Wednesday (a follower might even say WFMW - cause that's what followers do...) hosted by Rocks in My Dryer.

"Following"...Discuss...

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the public following. I understand it a bit better that it can be easier.

But, I guess I sometimes feel like Facebook, where she who has the most friends wins.

I'm still following and stalking you. But I just don't publicize it. :)

Leslie said...

Yeah...I totally get the whole...popularity thing. Seriously...my "following" looks a little weak and makes me and my blog look pretty sad :(

I guess it's the ease for me that makes it so nice. I don't have enough time some days...

But...just so you know...you can click on Follow This Blog and follow privately, without it posting your little profile photo and the like...so, you can follow anonymously!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I agree with you I LOVE the follow me option. It makes it so much easier to see who has posted new posts and so on.
Blessings to you.
Kim

Jillene said...

I also love the follow me option! It is so much eaiser. I personally am a leader and not a follower BUT for the puropse of my blogging addiction and all of my bloggy friends I will be a follower!!

Debbie said...

I am now a fan of the "followers" too. I waited until I had more than 2 to put in on so I wouldn't look all sad. And I'm not a stalker. Now, go open up your back door and let me in - it's cold out here.

flip flop mama said...

Just so you know, most blogs have a "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" link down at the bottom of the page that will send you to Google Reader automatically too. No more copying and pasting URLs.

Oh and I'm a follower...it's fun.

Mikki said...

Absolutely LOVE anything that makes life a little easier!!

Richelle said...

I have put the "followers" up on my blog, although I have not officially "followed" anyone yet. I'm subscribed in bloglines to those that I like to read.

Whitney R said...

I like the following thing, too. I loose track of who I've already set to follow and who I haven't. SO I have to check when I am catching up on blogs to see if I'm following them or not. I was happy I had already started following you!

I usually just look on my sidebar to see when people have last updated and that's how I blog read.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Silly me, I didn't even know about this!

stephanie said...

I like this follow thing too. I'm glad you're on mine. I've been thinking about my blogging situation too (refering to your other post). I have a friend who's a blogging celebrity and I have to try not to feel envious.

Jeanette said...

I have not jumped on the "fallowing" band wagon. I am still deciding if I am going to or not...
I am surprised to see some of the people following my blogs though. I few of them have never left a comment but they are "following" me. So I guess it brings some blog stalkers out of the wood work. :-)