So...why stop the non-posting streak? To do a review of Knowledge Adventure's latest release for Wii!
JumpStart Get Moving Family Fitness
Here's what we love about Get Moving: Family Fitness - it's for the whole family! All of the activities are fun for everyone!!! It's all about sports, moving your body and getting active!
From Knowledge Adventure:
For years, JumpStart has been creating the best learning games for kids. Now, with Get Moving: Family Fitness, JumpStart is making fitness fun too! Discover the ultimate family sports game with fitness expert and mom of four, Brooke Burke. With more than 15 sports challenges in 11 exotic arenas, Get Moving™ is the fun, new way to keep your family active!
-Design your own character to race and play-Build customized routines for an extra challenge-Compete head to head or play solo-Play underwater, on a farm, in Egypt or in 8 other exotic locations-Access expert tips for more ways to stay healthy!
What my kids love about Get Moving Family Fitness-
- Making their own Jumpee (the character they design)
- Choosing their arena - they think it's pretty cool to play games in places like Egypt, etc.
- Playing the games! - They are all fun!!! Alfredo favorites are the basketball games and Jewel is partial to the flying race!
- They love playing individually, or together (the two of them) or as a family
- Getting everyone up and moving and playing fun games
- The two playing modes - you can either play one activity at a time or there are several pre-designed routines - you can even design your own routine for your own fitness/activity needs.
- Getting everyone in my family involved in something active and fun
A few more thoughts about the game:
- I always think it's a good idea for parents to spend some time with a new game before letting kids go at it. This game is no exception. There are not a lot of instructions with the game and there are a few things that may be confusing for kids to understand. I also just think it's smart to know what your kids are going to be doing. The great part about this game is it really is designed for the whole family so you can play right along with your kids!
- Before every activity Brooke Burke shows how to use the Wii controllers to play the activity. Sometimes I felt like her demonstrations were not exactly accurate and it took us a few times of playing the activities to really know how to make it work right. However, I think that's pretty true of any Wii game.
- You can play most of the activities with Wii Controllers and Nunchucks (there is a step aerobics that requires the board), but most of the games/activities will be enhanced with a balance board. We don't have a balance board and I think it would make the activities more challenging and require more physically of the players. You can still get your heart rate going a bit with the Controller and Nunchuck, but if you really wanted to require something more of yourself or your kids, you might want to have a balance board too.
What do you have to do? Make a comment on this post by midnight on July 4th (Happy Independence Day!) and let me know how you feel about using technology to get active. That's all you have to do and you're entered.
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of JumpStart® Get Moving™ Family Fitness at no cost by Knowledge Adventure in order to test the products’ abilities and give my own personal opinions on it. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided