Saturday, August 2, 2008

Way Behind!

No Dear Friends...I have not died...nothing dreadful has happened...July has just been one whopper of a month!!! I have been so busy and behind on many things that I have been wanting to do. Things aren't exactly slowing down...it may be a while before I get back to posting every day...but you are all so nice...I'm sure you'll be understanding???

Here are a few items for your enjoyment!

Bessie - got her back from the shop...her repair bill was *ahem* quite large...one of the things they told us was that Bessie needed new tires because they were getting to where the tread was dangerously low (when you live in Arizona during Monsoon season...you don't exactly want tires that are prone to hydroplaning...). So...while we were on our quick trip to Utah...we bought 4 new tires. That would have been enough...really...but when they were taking the tires off...they broke 2 of the lug bolts...no, not the little lug nuts...the blots that hold the tires onto the wheel!!! They said that it was the fault of whoever put the tires on last...hmmmmm..... got the bolts fixed and my good husband feels that they need a rebalance - something about that nice shimmy (which I kind of liked...but Hubby says it's no good for the car). So...he takes the car back to the tire shop and when they take the tires off to rebalance - now brace yourselves folks - they break ANOTHER BOLT! So...we have to get that one fixed too. Each one of these episodes takes a day to fix...it's a good thing I have a patient husband. Now Bessie just needs a new windshield...on our trip to Idaho a few weeks ago...a nice little rock hit the windshield at the bottom of the glass and it cracked within about a hour. Cars...you can't live with 'em...I'll let you finish the rest.

Travel - We've enjoyed a nice month of travels. Why are we traveling so much you ask...I'll tell you Dear Ones...it's because Mesa, Arizona in July is HOT!!!!! We spent the first week and a bit of July in Idaho at a family reunion with my husband's family. Idaho is lovely in the summer! And spending time with family is always wonderful! The we came home for a bit and got ready to make our final trip of the summer to Utah. We spent a few days in St. George, where we met my parents, and visited Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and saw Les Miserables at Tuachan.
Then it was off to SLC to enjoy Pioneer Day including the parade and a family picnic after with some of my awesome Sibs.

We're all happy to be back home and getting back into our routine. Hopefully that will mean more posting & commenting from me and lots of reading from you.

Until the next post...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home safe!

Bryce said...

I didn't know you were going back to Utah. Good to have you back!

Pancake said...

Holy COW! What a pain with the nuts on the wheels!!! Glad you are back safe and sound!

Andrea said...

OH--I love the Tuacan (sp?). I haven't been there for four years! Glad you got to go. I've been a sporadic blog writer too!

Childproofing Grand Prairie said...

I really enjoyed your blog posts thank you