Now...I know you have all been waiting to hear a report on our Disneyland adventure.
I will keep you in suspense no longer...we had a great time. The weather was lovely (a nice cool down for us), the food was expensive, the drive was quite easy (6 hours with stops...not to bad-the bad part would be the price of gas...sheesh!), the experience...wonderful.
So...here are some new things I learned about Disneyland.
- First thing in the morning...you should start in Adventure Land...nobody is there...for about an hour.
- Seeking autographs of Disney characters is a very enjoyable experience. I had actually never done this (with the exception of standing in a long line last summer for my little princess to meet 3 of Disney's). The characters were such a hit with the kids and they loved every meet and greet opportunity.
- While the food in the parks is pretty pricey...it is actually very good. I know when I was a kid that the food was expensive and not very enjoyable...but these days...there is so much variety and the portions are so large that my husband and I shared every meal and felt totally satisfied.
- I really want to stay at the Grand Californian someday
- There is a place called Club 33 just outside of the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean...it's an exclusive place where you push an intercom button and if your name is not on the list you can't enter.
- The Year of a Million Dreams theme is way cool...one night my husband, his brother and wife along with my father-in-law were given passes to stay in California Adventure for an extra hour after it was closed...Yes, that means they could go on any ride and there were no lines and it was just fun. We also had somebody come up and take our family to the front of the line for a ride once as well...which was super nice.
- Going to Disneyland with my kids is even better than going to Disneyland when I was a kid...experiencing it with them is awesome...the wonder, the expectation, the joy, the magic...it's all so much fun to see in the eyes of my kids.
I just have to say...to all of you who made such nice comments on my last post...you are so kind and honestly...you all made my year! Thanks for making blogging so fulfilling for me!