Hello again, Hello...hum Neil Diamond now while you are reading...
(Hey does anyone know how to add music to your posts? I don't want one of those Itunes like things you put on your side bar...I just want to be able to put a player for one song in the actual post...is that possible?)
It's been a while since I've made my presence on the blogosphere known...have you missed me?
What have I been up to?
1. Remember when I said I had a cold...then I went to Salt Lake? Well...somehow the cold didn't go away and I got a big old sinus infection. First antibiotic wasn't working and I finally got on another one that started working quickly...I felt like a human again the next day. During the acute time of pain...I couldn't think very well and didn't get much done.
2. Another "fun" project has been grading Junior Honors papers - the good news is...some of them were good. Others...not so good. (Let me remind you again here...I am not a high school teacher...I help a high school teacher by doing some of the grading/reviewing of papers to help a high school English teacher out. Grading papers is the very reason why I did not get a degree in Secondary Ed. - English). Since I had the sinus infection... I was really behind on grading papers. I had to really hunker down and grade whenever I had a moment to do so...which meant I had to give up blogging for a few days. I finally finished the papers last night late and felt an enormous weight lift off my shoulders.
3. Big Sis has been taking dance this year. Seriously folks...she's been dancing since before she was born. She's also always been a big ham and loved to perform for people. So I was totally shocked a few months ago when she emphatically stated that she did not want to perform in the dance recital and that she suffered from a condition called, "stage fright" (I only learned yesterday that the dance teacher herself had introduced this term to the class). I have been praying and hoping and praying and trying to get this little girl happy about the upcoming dance recital. Why? Because I knew she would truly love doing it...if only she would try. We talked about it, we prayed about it, I bribed her with promises of a special party and a prize for giving it a shot. She still wasn't convinced and was as insistent as ever. Finally her dad helped her to feel a bit of excitement about the prospect which lasted up until the dress rehearsal at which point she wasn't sure that she would do it after all. Well...the big recital was last Saturday (with the dress rehearsal on Friday afternoon). I'm very happy to announce that Big Sis was a big hit & she found that she truly does love dancing for an audience and that her mom was right about it all.
4. The last day of preschool was today. We've been getting ready for Big Sis to relive the glory of the dance recital in a more intimate form...the preschool parent program. Last year, at her program...she really was scared stiff and wasn't able to do any of the little things she had prepared. This year...with the happy memories of the recital still swimming around her little head...her courage never faltered. Okay...maybe she felt a little scared for a second or two at the beginning, but I was so proud of the way she pucked it up and kept going.
5. We are also gearing up for birthday season at our house. Big Sis will celebrate her 5th birthday next week and Baby Boy's big #2 is 11 days later. This means it's time to get serious about planning the birthday parties. I've been working on the invitations and now I just have to get everything else done. Big Sis' has requested a cowboy party and so it shall be. So...does anybody have any good ideas of how to go about finding some hay bales in Arizona?
Aside from all of these events...I also have a husband who is finished with school for the summer (sort of...he still has to practice and do research and take German and that stuff...but it's not like a regular semester) and spends more time at home. And...I like him so much that I like spending time with him, which has also cut down on my blogging time.
Those, faithful readers, are my excuses for this week without posts. And that is all I'm going to say about that...At least until tomorrow or something...