Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Feeling a Little Sore

The day before yesterday I did something I haven't done for several months.

I actually exercised.

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to work out at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes. Until the day before yesterday, I hadn't started to work on that goal. My husband and I came up with the brilliant idea of making a few goals for the year and then framing them and putting them where we can see them...we thought it would be a good motivation for accomplishing our goals. So...now every day when I am getting dressed, I can see those goals and think about how much I'm not doing to accomplish them.

So...I finally decided to do something about goal #2 and get the magic picture frame to quit laughing at me every morning. I got out my Beginning Windsor Pilates DVD, slid it into the DVD player and sat down in front of the TV for 25 minutes of stretching and toning. It actually felt really good and I felt like I had done something good with my life that day. The next day...I realized that it's been a little too long between pilates sessions.

My upper abs are killing! Hopefully I'll get to a second workout before the end week, make that the end of the year...

1 comment:

Traci said...

Ha ha! I did this just the other day. That's when I decided that carrying Alaina around all day counts as my exercise. I applaud your efforts though!